I am sitting in a creative slump on my desk and it is quite an unpleasant position to be in. The amount of articles I have read and blogs I have scanned over the past week should not render me inspirationally impaired. I also just received a text message from an unknown number and the suprisingly descriptive content of the message insisted that I should know the 'texter' in question, well. This is now on the top of my 'easily distracting thoughts' pile.

Okay - focus! focus!
Perhaps I need to ask myself questions from the 3rd person perspective...

So Jem, what are you coveting?
I am coveting long skirts. STILL. Especially if they have an abundance of pleats! I don't think they are going anywhere in a hurry. It is my winter staple and favourite alternative to pants and tights. I also purchased a very sweet navy cable knit sweater (from an unknown little shop in the back-streets of the city) and came forth in my favourite winter colour combo which borders on 'school uniform' though it seems to suit.


I also found this lovely online vintage store + blog by a lovely girl name kimmy. It is called out of a strobe. It is a complete vintage hoarders dream - and her look book is self styled and snapped! 

Confirming my pleated skirt love...



and for the record...