what's the tuesday mood exactly?

i have a day off work today. last night i had made many grand plans with myself as to what my day was going to bring. i have woken up, dabbled with a pen, eaten some porridge and soaked myself in 3 cups of coffee. all whilst couch bound. my day will progress into something else greater, soon, i hope, however for now i am indulging in a little mix tape. i like to think of it as procrastination escapism. its all happening in my apartment today, dance moves and dish washing.

on a semi-serious note, here are some bands that i am loving. some old some newer, however they are exciting me into taking risks and being sweeter to my fellow friends. listen and im sure you will enjoy.

AVI BUFFALO

perhaps its because they draw such comparison to the shins that i adore them. you could say there are a number of almost recognizable riffs on this album, however they are far from typical. the fact that this sound has been produced by a group of people so young (some just out of high school) will continue to fascinate me and prolong my following.

here is a video of 'whats in it for'.




DM STITH

HEAVY GHOST



whatever you want to call it: experimental folk - freak folk...i fell in deep when i heard this. its like a combination of grizzly bear, andrew bird and bon iver. his work is created in his basement, and he incorporates things from his immediate environment to help create sounds. that is what struck me the most. perhaps knowing that creates a more eerie vibe to the music for me.

this is a clip of 'BMB'. i wonder how it will make you feel...i remember how it made me feel....



VOLCANO CHOIR
UNMAP



so whilst im posting indie-folk types today, i thought this one would be perfect. volcano choir are the divine side project of bon iver. this clip is so simple, though i just cant seem to turn my head away from the image. love the subtlety in the way it ends.

this is 'island, is'.



THE OCTOPUS PROJECT
GOLDEN BEDS



this is my final post of what has been my tuesday loves. this is the octopus project and they are without a doubt my new favorite. they have transformed my mundane working hour into a fresh holiday. golden beds is their EP. my next job is to purchase their previous album 'hello avalanche'. it makes me happy, simple as that.

this clip is 'wet gold'